OzPic Episode 11: Gully

Oct 15, 2015

In British English a gully is a narrow, deep passage through which water passes, whether this occurs naturally, as in a ravine or gorge, or is artificial.

In this episode, The Editor, Susan Butler, discusses how in Australian English, gully is no longer the watercourse but the fold of land that has the watercourse at its heart.

Read more about the OzPic project at: www.macquariedictionary.com.au/ozpic





Join the discussion!

Please sign in to post a comment. Not a member? Join Macquarie Dictionary today!

There are no comments yet. Be the first to post a comment!